2016 Spring Conf Call for Speakers
ALHIMSS 2016 Spring Conference
Thank you for considering a presentation with us!
The Alabama chapter of HIMSS invites you to submit an abstract for consideration to present at the 2016 Spring Conference in Huntsville, AL. The theme of this year’s conference is ALHIMSS Datacademy – The Power of Connection. Topics will need to capture the theme of interacting with data. ALHIMSS is particularly interested in, although not limited to, the following topics:
Interoperability of Data
Data and VBP
Internet of Things
Innovation with Data
General Information: The ALHIMSS 2016 Spring Conference is scheduled to be held on April 14, 2016, at the Dowdle Center at Huntsville Hospitals, 109 Governors Drive SE, Huntsville, AL 35801. This conference provides education and training, information and resource sharing, collaboration and networking, and program development for Alabama healthcare professionals and executives.
Proposal Submission Deadline: Friday, Feb. 26, 2016 Deadline extended- get your submissions in today!
Selection Notification Date: Friday, Mar. 11, 2016
Presentation Submission Date: Friday, Mar. 25, 2016
Selection Process: Speaker submissions are peer-reviewed on the basis of quality and clarity of content, subject relevance and strength of learning objectives. You will be notified by email of selection.
1. Sessions should be original and should not have been presented at other conferences.
2. ALHIMSS is a noncommercial forum. For this reason, sessions must be vendor neutral; sessions promoting a product or a company will not be selected.
3. Sessions will be 60-minutes in length, allowing 5-10 minutes at the end for questions & answers.
4. Speakers must provide any conference materials including presentation slides by deadlines.
5. Speakers are encouraged to attend the reception on the evening of April 13th.
6. Speakers are asked to make electronic copies of presentations available to be posted to the ALHIMSS website for attendee access.
7. Speaker conference attendance fees are waived, although individual travel and expenses are the responsibility of the speaker.
8. You are welcome to submit as many session proposals as you would like.