Nursing Informatics Bootcamp
This intensive two-day course focuses on current informatics trends and issues in health. It includes content for nurses interested in becoming Certified Informatics Nurses. Other clinical professionals working in informatics may wish to take the course to become exposed to the course topics.
This program is approved for up to 14.5 continuing education (CE) hours for use in fulfilling the continuing education requirements of the Certified Professional in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CPHIMS) and the Certified Associate in Healthcare Information & Management Systems (CAHIMS).
- Discuss the scope and standards of nursing informatics practice
- Describe professional practice, trends and issues within the informatics nurse role
- Explore management and leadership issues affecting informatics in healthcare settings
- Identify key concepts in informatics, information technology, information management, knowledge generation and data security
- Consider human factors in relation to information technology systems
- Describe models and theories associated with informatics
- Delineate steps of the system life cycle as it applies to information technology in the health setting
Participants will earn 14 contact hours of continuing education credits for attending this event. Please note that you must attend at least 50% of the course times and submit the evaluation to receive 7 contact hours. The Planning committee and speaker for this activity have no financial disclosures to provide.
Axxess Consult Inc. is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC) Commission on Accreditation.
Susan K. Newbold, PhD, RN-BC, FAAN, FHIMSS is a Healthcare Informatics Consultant, Franklin, TN. She is uniquely qualified to teach this course as she has experience in the vendor, consulting, academic and hospital world. Dr. Newbold is Board Certified in Nursing Informatics and initiated the first review course in nursing informatics in 1995 which she taught over 100 times. In 2001 she won the Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing International Technology Award for Knowledge Advancement for this course. She is the HIMSS 2015 Chapter Leader of the Year awarded in 2016.
Classes will be held in the Azalea Room
Entry to building on West side entry door
Parking on Friday please park far enough to allow patients to park closer. Saturday, clinic is not open, so parking closer is available. Still use West Side entry, easier access to meeting room.
Registration will begin at 7:00 AM on Friday
Continental Breakfast and Lunch are provided
Accomodations for Nursing Informatics Bootcamp
Start date: 10/4/18
End date: 10/7/18
Last day to book: 9/4/18
Marriott hotel(s) offering your special group rate:
Courtyard Pensacola for 109.00 USD per night ($121.54 includes taxes per night)
Book your group rate for Nursing Informatics Bootcamp