2016-2017 Student Merit and CPHIMS Certification Program scholarships available!
- Applicants may begin submitting applications on November 1, 2016.
- The deadline for entry is February 15, 2017.
- Winners will be announced and notified in late March.
For details and application form, click here.
Student Liaison position now available! We are seeking interested candidates to serve on the Alabama HIMSS Chapter Board as a Student Liaison. For questions, or to submit completed applications, please email Blane Travis.
Position: Student Liaison
Description: The student Liaison is the intermediary between Alabama’s educational institutions and the HIMSS chapter. This individual is responsible for promoting involvement from all institutions of learning with the Healthcare IT industry, and specifically with AL HIMSS and our events.
· Attend all chapter board meetings
· Advocate on behalf of Alabama students within the chapter
· Communicate AL HIMSS events with various applicable educational outlets throughout the state
· Participate in Scholarship selection and administration including: Soliciting student involvement, reviewing submissions, recommending recipients
· Actively recruit future Student Liaison candidates
· Other responsibilities that may advance the mission of HIMSS within education across Alabama
Term: 1 Year
Qualifications: Must be active member of Alabama HIMSS (student discounted rates make this very affordable). Student pursuing coursework relevant to Healthcare IT
Additional information needed from Students:
· Short Essay Could about why they want to be a part of the AL HIMSS board as student Liaison, what you hope HIMSS will gain from your involvement, what you hope to gain from your involvement, and how you see HIMSS playing an increasing role within the educational arena.
Deadline: November 30th, 2016
· Please submit all application information, resume + essay, and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.