2020 Healthcare Fraud Summit
This event is being streamed live via the HOPIN event platform. HOPIN provides a virtual seminar and meeting space where attendees will be able to interact with the presenters and each other, with text and video chat. In addition to the presentations, there will be organization meeting spaces and roundtable sessions. There are options to register with your LinkedIn, Facebook, or Google accounts, or you can create a profile just for this summit and delete it when you are done.
Join us for this informative event discussing healthcare fraud issues and overcoming fraud prevention challenges.
Presented by InfraGard Birmingham Members Alliance and the FBI Birmingham Division, in partnership with Kassouf & Co., P.C., the Alabama Healthcare Executive Forum, and Alabama Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society.
Hear experts from the FBI, HHS, US Attorney’s Office as well as senior healthcare executives, payers, attorneys, and healthcare advisors. Planned sessions include:
- Current Healthcare Fraud Trends and Prosecution - US Attorney’s Office of North Alabama (Pending)
- Cyber Threats During Covid - Tony Yurkovich, FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3)
- What Keeps Healthcare Executives Up at Night? - Panel of UAB Healthcare Executives
- A Payer's Perspective and Update on HC Fraud - Cindy McKenzie, Blue Cross Blue Shield
- COVID-19 Schemes and Crime Trends - SSA Paul Baumrind, FBI Healthcare Fraud Unit
- Update on Sunshine and Stark Law - Brad Robertson, Bradley
- ePHI Held For Ransom: The New Ransomware Threat - Ralph Martins, HHS HC3 (Cyber Unit)
A limited number of tickets are being made available for Alabama Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society members, so register early. Please reach out to Luona Wang for the ticket link.
The program is being submitted for the following continuing education credits. The number of credit hours and requirements to claim credits to be determined by each organization:
- American Medical Association (AMA) PRA Category 1 Credits™
- The Alabama Bar Association CLE Credits
- The Alabama State Board of Public Accountancy Business Related CPE Credits
Due to the content of most of the presentations, we will not be able to record any of the sessions.